Email and email newsletters will continue to be popular and effective forms of B2B marketing in 2022 and beyond. A recent study by the Radicati Group found that "email continues to be the most popular communications channel, with more than 4.3 billion users worldwide." This steady increase in email volume is due, in part, to the continued popularity of email newsletters.
Additionally, email newsletters remain an effective way to reach and connect with customers. In fact, a study by Salesforce found that "81% of B2B buyers say they open every email from their preferred vendor, and 67% say they click through at least one link in each email."
However, just because email and email newsletters are still effective marketing tools doesn't mean they can't be improved. In fact, one of the most common complaints about email newsletters is that they're boring.
So how can you make your email newsletters more interesting and engaging?
Creating an email newsletter that is both effective and engaging can be a challenge. However, there are a few key ingredients that all good newsletters contain:
The most important factor in any successful email newsletter is the quality of the content. If the content isn't relevant to your audience, they won't read it. Make sure to provide content that is interesting and useful to your customers.
Another key ingredient is frequency. You don't want to bombard your audience with email, but you also don't want them to forget about you. Find a frequency that works for you and stick to it.
Personalized content is more likely to be read and engaged with than generic content. Include the recipient's name in the subject line and make sure the content is relevant to their interests.
Every email should have a call to action (CTA). Without a CTA, your audience won't know what you want them to do next. Make sure your CTA is clear and easy to follow.
People are visual creatures, so include visuals in your email newsletter. Include images, infographics, and videos to break up the text and make your newsletter more engaging.
With these ingredients in mind, let's take a look at five ways to make your quarterly newsletter process less painful:
1. Automate your processes: There are a number of ways to automate your newsletter processes. You can use an email marketing platform like MailChimp or Constant Contact to manage your subscribers and send out automated emails. You can also use a content management system (CMS) like WordPress to create and manage your newsletter content.
2. Create a template: Creating a template will save you a lot of time in the long run. Once you have a template, you can simply fill in the blanks each quarter. This will help you stay on track and ensure that each newsletter is consistent.
3. Schedule ahead: One way to avoid the last-minute rush is to schedule your newsletters ahead of time. This way, you can take your time to create quality content and ensure that everything is ready to go before the deadline.
4. Get help: If you're struggling to create a newsletter on your own, consider enlisting the help of a professional. There are a number of companies that offer newsletter creation services.
5. Keep it simple: Finally, remember that less is more. Don't try to cram too much into your newsletter. Stick to the basics and keep your content relevant, engaging, and visual.
The best way to measure the success of your newsletter is to track your open and click-through rates. Open rates will give you an idea of how many people are actually reading your newsletter. Click-through rates will tell you how effective your content is.
You can also use Google Analytics to track how much traffic your newsletter is driving to your website. To do this, simply create a unique URL for each newsletter and include it in the links you include in your email. This will allow you to see how many people are clicking through to your website from your newsletter.
Finally, don't forget to ask your customers for feedback. You can do this via surveys or by simply asking them what they think of your newsletters. This feedback will be helpful in determining the direction of your newsletter in the future.
Newsletter content is one of the most important, but also one of the most difficult, aspects of email marketing. There are a number of factors to consider when creating a newsletter, including frequency, relevance, and call to action. In order to create an effective email campaign, it's important to understand these factors and how to implement them into your content. With these tips in mind, you should be able to create a quarterly newsletter that will engage and inform your audience. And, most importantly, it will help you achieve your marketing goals.
Looking for professional content strategy, editorial services, and copywriting? Look no further than Layup Content. Our team of experienced professionals will help you stand out from the crowd and engage your audience with quality content. Contact us today to learn more.